Monday, November 3, 2014

Art Book Review ~ Fairy Homes and Gardens

Fairy Homes and Gardens

by Ashley Rooney
Intro by David D.J. Rau
published by Schiffer Publishing
released October 28, 2014
Genre: Art, Fantasy, Crafting

**Received e-arc from publisher and NetGalley

Summary (Goodreads): Many supernatural creatures are said to inhabit our world. Their magical, wonderland realm has been the subject of many books, movies, and our childhood dreams. In this richly illustrated book, 30 designers from around the world transform natural settings into enchanting displays that recreate that sense of wonder. Using artificial flowers, fabric, sticks, wire, crystals, berries, acorns, baskets, and polymer clay, these designers have been inspired to create their own once upon a time fairy home and garden for special events, storytelling, or just because they believe in fairies. In doing so, they tap into our inner child and help us to imagine a new world. This is a wonderful resource for designers and artists, as well as parents, teachers, or anyone looking to create their own magical place."

My Thoughts: This is a book that I would definitely put on my coffee table just for the visuals. I liked the photos of all the different fairy houses. My favorites were the nature based homes. There is a wide variety of different artists to help inspire you in creating your fairy own home.
There was also a section that talked about hospitals that use this art movement for therapy. I can see where this would be a zen type project that would help calm the mind.
The only thing I would have liked to see is a couple of projects from start to finish. It was nice seeing all the finished houses but seeing what the artists started with and maybe a few shots along the way to the finished project would have been nice.

Rating: 4


2 comments:

  1. I agree, it would make a great coffee conversation table book!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is eye-candy to the max, I can only imagine how stunning some of the interior artwork must be. What girl hasn't fantasized about living in her very own fairy tale home?? Thanks for the review, I wouldn't have looked at this title otherwise.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete