Monday, February 16, 2015

What I'm Reading


I'm kind of scattered in my reading right now. Which means I haven't finished anything to write a review about. I recently finished Taste of Darkness by Maria V Snyder but am still unsure how I feel about it.
Instead, I decided to give a glimpse of the three books that I'm currently reading.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Goodreads) - I finally watched the movie for Divergent. It was what I expected but I found it entertaining. It also made me want to finally get around to the second book. All I can say right now is it's interesting. Not sure how I feel about Tris or Four. Some of the things they are doing just make me cringe at the stupidity. I do like the overall story of the factions and the differences between them. Learning more about them and why the would or wouldn't become involved in the war that is going on.





Half Bad by Sally Green (Goodreads) - This is told in both first and second person. It takes some getting used to. Even the first person reads weird at times. I'm not far enough in for the story to have left an impression. Nathan is kind of depressing as a character. There hasn't been much good in his life except his brother and sometimes one of his sisters. There is talk of black witches and the council but I still feel like I need to know more to understand what is happening.





Shadow Study by Maria V Snyder (Goodreads) - I'm only two chapters in but already the Yelena and Valek goodness has started. There's a mystery assassin, unknown toxin/illness, and Valek rushing off to the Commander as usual. I cannot wait to get more into this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment