Friday, September 14, 2012

Book Review ~ Lion's Heat

Lion's Heat (Breeds #21)
by Lora Leigh
published by Berkley
genre: Adult, Fantasy, PNR

Summary (Goodreads): The mating urge cannot be ignored...

Bad boy Jonas Wyatt knows it is fate that Rachel becomes his mate. He can sense it. He can also sense her reluctance. But she has little power over the mating heat of the Breeds. It is Jonas's destiny to claim her. And nothing will stop him from having his way.

My Thoughts: I'll start by saying I have not read this series in order. I haven't even read the 1st book. I know these two characters show up in previous books but I'm not familiar with them.
What I liked, Jonas. He was what I was expecting when I started reading this. He had that obvious alpha demeanor, everyone was afraid/ intimidated by him (except Rachel). My favorite scenes were the ones with him and the baby. I liked seeing the softer side, both the interactions before and after she was born.
What I didn't like, Rachel. I didn't hate her but her whole story/behavior just seemed so fake and manipulated that I couldn't get into it. If she had just started working for Jonas and their mating had happened naturally I would not have had a problem with her at all. I liked how strong she was for both herself and her baby. Finding out that she was placed in Jonas' path specifically to become is mate and get him under control just ruined the whole HEA of this book.
Overall, I liked the background story arc that goes from book to book, but since this is an HEA series and I could not get behind this couple, the book fell a little short for me. I'll still continue reading it and eventually get around to the beginning of the series.

Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment