Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Review ~ Courting Darkness

Courting Darkness (Otherworld #10)
by Yasmine Galenorn
published by Jove
genre: Adult, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy

Summary (Goodreads): It's Winter Solstice, and Aeval welcomes me into her Court of Darkness. With Morio still dangerously weak from his injuries and Vanzir alive only thanks to my silence, the thought of training under Morgaine doesn't seem as daunting as it did. But then, Hyto returns to shatter my life. Captured and swept off to the Dragon Reaches, can I manage to stay alive long enough to escape, even as Smoky's father intends to break my spirit, then my body?

My Thoughts: Where to start. This is a very dark book. This series tends to lean towards the darker side of  UF/Fairytale but with the forced sex elements this one was darker still.
I appreciated that even while the rape from Camille's father in law was taking place, you never got the impression that it was OK. The struggles that Camille went through after her and Hannah were able to escape were what you would expect from someone who had gone through that torture.
Camille's husbands are some of my favorite males in UF. Especially Smoky and Trillian. There is something about having more than one Alpha males around without it becoming a constant pissing contest.
Overall, this was good book and moved several of the characters forward. We got to see more of the dragon court and their ways. The issue with Vanzir was put to rest and we got a glimpse of Iris and powers. I'm behind by a couple of books but hoping that we get back to the overall story of the spirit seals.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment