Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Review ~ The Kingdom

The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)

by Amanda Stevens
published by Mira
genre: Adult, Paranormal, PNR,

Summary (Goodreads): Deep in the shadowy foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains lies a dying town

My name is Amelia Gray. They call me The Graveyard Queen. I've been commissioned to restore an old cemetery in Asher Falls, South Carolina, but I'm coming to think I have another purpose here.

Why is there a cemetery at the bottom of Bell Lake? Why am I drawn time and again to a hidden grave I've discovered in the woods? Something is eating away at the soul of this town - this withering kingdom - and it will only be restored if I can uncover the truth.

My Thoughts: I've really enjoyed the  first two books of this series. It's got that spooky, creepy feeling that gives you the chills but you can't put it down.
Amelia is a great character most of the time. She does have her moments when you just want to shake her and say listen to yourself. She talks often in the books about the rules her father gave her to live with her ability to see ghosts, yet every time a situation arises she completely disregards the rules and does whatever. Some times this works for her but even when it does it's still just too close.
Asher Falls was a character itself. The whole town is just insane. I think Sidra was the only sane one in the bunch. I wish there had been more of her because her story sounds just as interesting as Amelia's.
I found myself just as torn with Thane as Amelia was. Even knowing what happened in the first book, there was a part of me that still wants Devlin to be her one.
Overall, there were a lot of questions answered in this book while still moving Amelia's story forward. I find I want to not only follow her story, I find myself wanting to stay in Asher Falls for a bit more. I want to know what Thane does to fix the Asher name and what happens with Tilly and Sidra. At the same time, the last line made me anxious to read book three to find out what is going to happen.

Rating:4

No comments:

Post a Comment