Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Review ~ Emerald Green

Emerald Green (Ruby Red Trilogy #3)

by Kerstin Gier
translated by Anthea Bell
published by Henry Holt and Co
genre: YA, Fantasy, Sci-Fi (time travel)

Summary (Goodreads): Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is.
She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along.
This stunning conclusion picks up where Sapphire Blue left off, reaching new heights of intrigue and romance as Gwen finally uncovers the secrets of the time-traveling society and learns her fate.

My Thoughts: While this book nicely wrapped up this trilogy, there were some things that just came out of nowhere that caused me to not give it 5 stars.
I normally like Gwen but there was too much whining for me in this book. The amount of tears and moaning complaining was excessive and then when you thought you were past it, it started all over again. It may have been fine for others but it brought the character down some for me. I did like the twist, regarding Gwen, I thought it was interesting and liked how that whole story line was done.
The biggest problem for me was the reveal of Count Saint-German. It just didn't seem to match with the character that we knew. While I understand that he was laying low and trying not to be noticed it just wasn't working for me. It could have been any of the other characters in the story and it would have been more believable.
Overall, this wrapped up all the stories well (even if I didn't like them). All the characters that you would have wanted to have an HEA ended up with one and those who needed to be brought down some pegs were.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment