Monday, September 28, 2015

September Reading


I've been reading a lot lately but haven't really felt like writing reviews for the books I've finished. So, even though I'm in a writing slump, I thought I would share what I've read lately.
Cold Magic by Kate Elliott (Goodreads)
I ended up liking this more than I thought I would when it started. I'm hoping the next book focuses more on Cat's real family. I didn't really care for Bee but could understand Cat's loyalty and need to protect her at all costs.








Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge (Goodreads)
I've owned the first few in this series forever and finally decided to read the first one. I liked the story but really struggled reading it. I've read many books set in London but the slang just seemed overdone at times. I'm still going to give the second book a try and hope I don't struggle with it as much.







Grave Dance by Kalayna Price (Goodreads)
Another series I've started recently and have been enjoying. Even with the love triangle aspect I like the story line. Alex is an great lead and as long as the love interests stay secondary to the main story I can get past them.








Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman, Rob Guillory (illustrator)
I found my limit on what I just cannot take while reading. Cibopathy (knowing things by eating items) is that limit. The writing and artwork of this volume was as great as all the reviews I had seen. Unfortunately, it was just a bit too gross/weird for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment