Saturday, January 7, 2017

2016 A Look Back


Another year has come and gone and I still haven't made it to 150 books. I actually came in 3 less than 2015 with 120 books. Once again I will be trying for 150 this year. I figure I have to make it eventually.

First Read

First book I finished was Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep which I gave 4 stars. I loved the this and the second book and really need to get reading book 3 Bright Blaze of Magic.















Last Read

The last book I finished was also my favorite from 2016. The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I loved the way the author mixed the past and the present in a storyteller fashion. I also really enjoyed how full all the characters were.
This was also the longest book I read at 662 pages.













Other Odd Facts from 2016 Reads
Total Books: 120
Total Pages: 40,059
Average Length: 339
Goodread Facts: Most Read Book; Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children with 618, 156 reads. Least Read Book; 50 Greatest Red Wings at only 4 other reads.

Other Favorites
I started a lot of series this past year that I am still enjoying into 2017.

Lady Emily Series by Tasha Alexander (Goodreads) There were a couple books that I didn't care for but books 6 & 7 have really picked the series back up.









KingFountain series by Jeff Wheeler (Goodreads) There are 3 books out in this series with a 4th coming June 2017. I didn't think Owen and Evie (especially Evie) would become two of my faves last year but they did.








Overall, even though I didn't make my yearly goal, I still consider 2016 a success. A lot of great books and even more that I'm looking forward to reading this year.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda fizzled out on the Lady Emily books after about #3, then picked up with #8 (I think) again and really liked it. I'd like to read more. And the Estep books look good.

    ReplyDelete