Thursday, May 31, 2018

This Week's Reads

Maleficent
by Rayluaza (DeviantArt)



A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin
Matthew Swift #1 (Goodreads)
**This is another random off my TBR. I ended up liking the one from last week. Plus, more older books off the pile is always a good thing.
This is a kind of back from the dead, revenge, urban fantasy book. I really don't know much more than that and angel books can be hit or miss ( so are the reviews on this one).











A Study in Brimstone by G.S. Denning
Warlock Holmes #1
**This was a random pick up. I wasn't in a rush this week at the library and had to time to just browse. This is what a found, a reimagining of Sherlock Holmes stories with a fantasy humor twist. Plus, with this blurb I had to give it a try:
a glorious new take on the ever-popular Sherlock Holmes myth, featuring the vampire Inspector Vladislav Lestrade, the ogre Inspector Torg Grogsson, and Dr. Watson, the true detective at 221b. And Sherlock. A warlock.

1 comment: