Monday, December 5, 2011

Book Review ~ Brewed, Crude, and Tattooed

Brewed, Crude, and Tattooed (Maggy Thorsen mystery #4)
By Sandra Balzo
Published By Severn House Publishers

SummaryMaggy Thorsen, co-owner of the Brookhills coffee-house Uncommon Grounds, is trapped in a shopping mall by a snow storm which cuts the electricity and phone lines. She finds the body of Way Benson, a local developer and owner of the mall. Maggy's discovery unearths other refugees of the storm and it seems that more than one of these people has a motive for killing the arrogant Way. Then there is another murder.

My Thoughts: Another round for Maggy, who always seems to find herself in the middle of everything. This story had a Clue feel to it, Colonel Mustard in the Barber Shop with the Meat Cleaver.
This was not my favorite, there was almost too much going on. With everyone trapped in one building during a freak snowstorm in May (being from MI I know how much this sucks) I found myself mixing up characters and forgetting who others were. I found the general store shopping for supplies throughout almost more interesting than the murder mystery. I've never really card for Caron, Maggy's business partner, and that became more evident here. I kept hoping she would be next on the murder list.
It took me awhile to figure out why this book was titled as it was (has to do with the murder vic), I was hoping this was going to be about Amy, the author created this great character and we haven't really heard from since she was introduced. It'll also be interesting to see if we ever see any of these other characters again or if they will be lost with the crumpled building.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment