Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Favorite Things ~ 2011

These are some of my faves from the past year. Everything from books, music, and tv.

T.V.
Criminal Minds: The first episode was a mess but it really picked up from there. The show has been filled with creepy, eerie cases that have been both disturbing and fascinating.

Once Upon a Time: I love this show! The first thing is the casting, they nailed it. I can't think of anyone who doesn't work for my. The storylines. I love the retelling of classics with a twist that makes them all work together in one place.

Grimm: It took me some time to get into this one. It seems to be picking up as the season goes. I'm loving the quirky sidekick and wondering how long before the partner gets brought up to speed.

Ringer: I'll admit it, I was a Buffy fan. It's nice seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar back on tv. Still not sure about the show but I still watch every week.

Music
My taste in music seems to fluctuate. I've been really into country and Adele lately.

The Band Perry (The Band Perry) My favorite song is If I Die Young followed closely by Postcards from Paris


Luke Bryan (Tailgates & Tanlines) One of the few cds I can listen to from beginning to end. While I didn't care for the first single, I like I don't want this night to end (current single). My favorite song is Been There Done That.


Adele  (21) Love her! She just has one of those voices. The one where even if you've never heard the song before as soon as she starts singing you know it's her.

Books
This is what this blog is about. These are just a few of my favorite reads over the past year. This does not mean they were published in 2011 just that I read them this year.

The Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima (The Demon King, The Exiled Queen, The Gray Wolf Throne) I've loved this series. If you enjoy fantasy this series is a definite read.

Curse Workers series by Holly Black (White Cat, Red Glove) A darker, grittier look at magic and family. I also like The Poison Eaters and other stories. I liked some better than others but an overall great read.

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab  I don't read a lot of stand alone books but was glad I read this one.

Edelstein Trilogy by Kerstin Gier (Ruby Red) This book grabbed right from the beginning and didn't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment