Thursday, December 29, 2011

Book Review ~ A Cup of Jo

A Cup of Jo (Maggy Thorsen Mystery #6)
By Sandra Balzo
Published by Severn House Publishing

Summary: The new ‘Maggy Thorsen’ caffeine cozy   - Maggy Thorsen's heart, uncharacteristically, is swelling with optimism. Sure, her original Wisconsin coffeehouse, Uncommon Grounds, was destroyed in a freak blizzard. But, with new business partner Sarah Kingston, she’s found the perfect place to relocate to – a quaint railroad station that will soon be revitalized by a new commuter-rail connection. Sarah and Maggy hope that the station’s ‘Dedication Day’ will provide great free publicity. But their dream turns into a nightmare when the event manager makes her grand appearance on the day. As a corpse . . .


My Thoughts: This is the sixth book in this series and one of the better ones. I liked how the new neighbors add an eccentric twist to the story without being the bad guys that disappear at the end of the book. Maggy was her usual naive yet endearing self. There were times when I wanted to smack her inability to stick up for herself and just kick Pavlik to the curb. Sarah is a much better character and partner, she brings some much needed levity and realism to the story.
The mystery of who killed Jo wass well done and I must say had me stumped for awhile. With her evil sister Rebecca (have not liked her since meeting her in an earlier book) to the husband, various lovers, etc it was wide open. Of course I loved the mime (if you've read the books or my earlier reviews this will make sense).
Overall another great read. I love the lengths of these book and can generally finish in one day. Can finally read my review copy of Triple Shot.


Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment