Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turkey Day Randomness

It's Thanksgiving here in the states. Time to remember all the things you are thankful for and eat way too much food. I'll be cooking all day and getting ready for family coming in the following weekend.
Ocellated Turkey
Trivia
The first football game broadcast on Thanksgiving was at University of Detroit Stadium in 1934. Featured the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears. The two teams are playing against each other today as well.
© Cartoon by Rick McKee

2 comments:

  1. I don't mean to knock your traditions, but I don't understand why football & turkey go together. I'm sure if I asked DH, he'd explain it to me in depth because his 9ers are playing tonight. Anywho, don't mind me, I'm just rambling. Happy Thanksgiving, Kristina!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh goodness, not sure but since I'm from MI it has always been part of Thanksgiving. My DH is from SF so not a great end to the day but we won so...

      Delete