Monday, June 22, 2015

Stacking the Shelves ~ Armchair BEA







Just a quick post to thanks the people that put together Armchair BEA (learn more here) and the publishers/ authors that donated books for the event. I was lucky enough to win three prizes this year. Two were for daily posts and then one during a twitter party.

From Julie Wetzel and Crimson Tree Publishing
On The Accidental Wings of Dragons (Goodreads)

It was dragons and the first book in the series so I couldn't resist choosing this as one of my picks.






From David Stabler (author) & Doogie Horner (Illustrator)
Kid Athletes: True Tales of Childhood from Sports Legends (Goodreads)
published by Quirk Books

Picked this one out for my son. He is a huge sports fan and loves non fiction books. Anything that keeps him reading is good with us.






 
I also was lucky enough to get the Chronicle Books tote pack. Love the fact that the tote has a little pocket at the top. I'm always just throwing my keys into the bottom of totes when we take them places, so it's nice to have someplace to put them.
Came with three Arcs:
*A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz (Goodreads) It's about Fairies!
due out August 2015
*The Chess Queen Enigma by Colleen Gleason (Goodreads) This was the reason I picked this. It is the third book in the Stoker & Holmes series.   due out Sept 2015
House Arrest by K.A. Holt (Goodreads) This is a middle grade, think it is a contemporary which I don't normally read but may give it a try. Hubby is also going to try it. due Oct 2015

NetGalley
Warren the 13th and The All-Seeing Eye by Tania Del Rio (netgalley)
I saw this book while looking at the books Quirk had available with Armchair BEA. I was reading Gris Grimely's Frankenstein at the time and this cover reminded my of it for some reason.











No comments:

Post a Comment