Saturday, January 8, 2011

Book Review ~ Blue Moon

Blue Moon (Immortals #2)
By Alyson Noel


Published By St. Martins Griffin


Summary (Goodreads): Eager to learn everything she can about her new abilities as an Immortal, Ever turns to her beloved Damen to show her the way. But just as her powers are increasing, Damen’s are waning.  In an attempt to save him, Ever travels to the magical dimension of Summerland, where she learns the secrets of Damen’s tortured past; a past which he has always kept hidden from her. But in her quest to cure Damen, Ever discovers an ancient text that details the workings of time. Now Ever must chose between turning back the past and saving her family from the accident that claimed their lives—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows sicker every day.


This review is going to be different from my normal reviews. 


I never thought I would be reading this book. I read Evermore and it was just okay for me.  I owned it and actually traded it in at a used book store thinking I was not going to continue the series so I didn't need it.  Then I started blogging and reading blogs.  With the new book coming out, I kept seeing posts talking about how great this series was and how much love it was getting.  At that point I was kinda thinking maybe I should give the second book a try, but still not sure.  I saw this book at the library and decided, why not.
I'm glad I did. While it still wasn't my favorite book  I've ever read, it was an enjoyable, easy read that kept me interested until the end.  I did have some problems with the ending. I didn't like how Ever was so sure of her feelings about Roman through the whole book, even though it differed from everyone else's, and then threw it all away at the end and seemed to follow blindly just to create the situation needed to set up the next book.  It also seemed rushed and I felt that the issue with Ava was just thrown away in a sentence and went against what we knew about this character until this point.
I am  looking forward to reading the next book to find out what happens and see if some of the issues I had with this book are resolved or left as is.


Rating: 4

1 comment:

  1. I love the book cover. I haven't read either books yet but I'll watch out for them.

    By the way, I gave you The Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out here

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete