Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Review ~ The False Prince

The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy #1)
by Jennifer A Neilsen
published by Scholastic
genre: YA

Summary (full summary @Goodreads) THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.

My Thoughts: I was not as enamored with this book as others seem to have been. If it hadn't been for the flip and reveal of the real prince I would have given this a much lower rating.
I did not care for any of the orphans or for Conner and his men. None of the boys seemed to have a likable quality between them. I cannot recall one point where I felt one should win out above the others.
There were only two people that I liked. Mott for his loyalty to his country and truly believing he was doing the right thing. Then doing the right thing when he could. Also, Amarinda the betrothed to the throne. She was the only one I truly felt sorry for in this book. From the time we met her she seemed to genuinely care for her prince while getting caught in the middle of all the different schemes.
While the reveal kept me reading this book I do not know that it will keep me in the trilogy. I will have to wait and see what the next book is about before deciding.

Rating: 3.5



No comments:

Post a Comment