Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review ~ Infamous

Infamous (Chronicles of Nick #3)
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
published by St Martin's Griffin
genre: paranormal YA

Summary (full review @Goodreads): The world has fallen in love with Nick Gautier and the Dark-Hunters. Now Nick’s saga continues in the next eagerly anticipated volume...

Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.

My Thoughts: This one was middle ground for me. I started reading these because I missed the old Nick. He was in full force in this book. I also loved having some of the regulars from the early Dark Hunter books present.
That said, I didn't care for Nick's mom much in this one. Usually I like her and her love for her son is obvious but she seemed way to wishy washy for me. Her reasoning behind it did not work for me the way it worked for Nick.
I'm also not sold on Kody. Maybe if I didn't have all the info from the DH series I would be able to just go with this story line but my brain is refusing to mesh the two.
Overall it was a good read just not my favorite of this series. I liked the new characters from the underworld (I know, they're evil...). It looks from the ending that we may finally find out what happens when/if Nick finds out who/what Kody really is and why she is there. Long wait until March 2013 :(

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment