Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review ~ Changeless

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2)
by Gail Carriger
published by Orbit
genre: Adult, Fantasy, Steampunk

Summary (Full @Goodreads): Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria...

My Thoughts: I'll start by saying, I Love this series! I've become completely engrossed in the world Ms Carriger has created.
While Alexia is my favorite, this is a series that has many of those quirky side characters that I love. From Ivy and her hats to Lord Akelmeda and all his dandy's. With new characters, Madame Lefoux and a whole regiment of soldiers.
We find out a lot more about these characters in this book. More about Alexia's preternatural state. More about Lord Maccon and why he left Scotland for London. I also liked meeting the Scottish pack. I didn't like many of them personally but as a whole I found them interesting. The new characters added even more to a series that already had a lot.
I became engrossed in the overall story of everyone in a certain area losing their supernatural state and what was causing it. I'll be interested in seeing how/what problems this causes in the long run.
Usually this is where I say how much I'm looking forward to the next book. I was so looking forward to it, that I started reading it as soon as I finished this one.

Rating: 4

1 comment:

  1. The Parasol Protectorate series is one of my favorites! I can't wait for the spin off series Carriger is working on, to come out!

    ReplyDelete