Thursday, September 6, 2018

This Week's Reads

Grimm Fairy Tales
by CarmenSinek (DeviantArt)

Doctor Who: Time Lord Fairy Tales by Justin Richards
Illustrated by David Wardle (Goodreads)
**So far this is one of my favorite reads this year. There's a Sci-Fi Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella with a sonic screwdriver (and vampires), and currently reading The Three Little Sontarans. Along with many more, these are nice short takes on fairy tales with a Doctor Who world twist.











Even with all the great new books,that I want to read, I find myself rereading a lot at the moment. These are the two series I'm giving another go.


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter #3 (Goodreads)
**I've been wanting to read this one again for a few years. We had to suggest a loved book for our sons summer reading and gave him book one. It was all the motivation I needing to finally read them again.













Written in Red by Anne Bishop
The Others #1 (Goodreads)
**I love Anne Bishop (The Black Jewels Trilogy is one of my all time favorite series). This series has really pulled me in and I always end up finishing them within a day (or two). Then I instantly want more. It's been awhile since I read the early books so fun to read them again.



1 comment:

  1. I really need to find time for a Harry Potter reread. I haven't looked at the series in five years! I need to catch up on Doctor Who on TV as I'm way behind on that.

    ReplyDelete