Saturday, March 19, 2011

Book Review ~ Ghost Town

Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires #9)
By Rachel Caine
Published By NAL Hardcover


Summary (Goodreads): While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders. 

But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville...

Overall Thoughts: These are the first YA books I read after HP and Twilight. I love the pace of these books. I can usually finish them in a day but still enjoy the story. Ghost Town had a little bit of everything you would expect. The Fab Four were ever present, even when they didn't all know each other, they work well together. Michael is still probably my favorite in this series, ever since he was just the ghost in the Glass house. 
Probably one of my favorite vampires in any book is Myrnin. Even saying that I think something is wrong with it. His crazy (literally), eccentric genius just makes any story that he is a part of. I also love the interactions between him and Claire, the way she trusts him even when she shouldn't.
The power struggles between Amelie and Oliver were kinda Blah for me. They really didn't add anything to the book or change much in town. I do like the possible relationship between them.
The only thing I was thinking at the end was "This is a disaster waiting to happen." I look forward to reading about said disaster.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment