Monday, March 21, 2011

Book Review ~ Outside In

Outside In (Inside Out #2)
By Maria V. Snyder
Published By Harlequin Teen
egalley from netGalley

Warning: Spoilers from 1st book if you have not read it.

Summary (netGalley):
 ME?
A LEADER?
Okay, I did prove that there’s more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion—between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we’re free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again—while still touching base with Riley, of course. He’s the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there’s outside and then there is Outside.
And something from Outside wants In.

My Thoughts: I ended up liking this book more than I thought I would. I was curious what could be done considering they are living in this huge ship and cannot go anywhere else. The author managed a plot that worked with this and still seemed plausible with the situations. There were a couple of things I didn't like. There were too many flips in this book. Trying to figure out if someone is good, then bad, then good again with no repercussions from when they  were bad. I think it's the last that bugged me more than all the flipping. The other, for me, was the Exile. It was made a point that the reason for the exile was a major button pusher and yet we were never told why it took place. I need closure and don't feel I got it  from this (unless I missed that page). The relationships were much the same as the first book; break-ups, make-ups, and shower scenes (tastefully done for those who have need to know). We got to meet some new characters and get familiar with some of the old ones.
Overall I enjoyed the story once it got going except for what was mentioned above. This is one of my favorite authors and I have enjoyed all her books so far and look forward to reading more.


Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment