Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Review (Shorts) ~ The Unquiet

The Unquiet
contributors: J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, Ruth Ryan Langan, Mary Kay McComas

Summary: From J.D. Robb: Eve and Roarke return to investigate a series of murders connected to a brilliant young surgeon in Chaos in Death.

From Mary Blayney:A shopkeeper's solitude is complicated by a magic coin, a daring rogue, and dreams of her late husband, who whispers but one word...wish.

From Patricia Gaffney:A lonely woman and a hotline psychic turn their astonishing connection to the other side into an unexpected romance.

From Ruth Ryan Langan:The shattered soul of an angry spirit imprisoned in a Scottish manor house could be a young widow's only salvation.

From Mary Kay McComas:A young ghost eases his brother's pain and guilt by inviting him into the dreams of an imaginative author of children's books.

My Thoughts: I got this book for the In Death short. I love this series and have picked up most of the anthologies that include them.
Chaos in Death (#33.5): This is definitely not a place to start this series. It starts after Dallas gets back from Dallas and is still not 100% healed. I actually liked this short right up until the end. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole jekyll/hyde that took place.

Her Greatest Treasure: I have never read this author before but the premise sounded like something I would enjoy so I took a chance. After reading this story I will be looking for the rest of the shorts that follow this wishing coin. I love the idea of a recurring item through a series rather than a person.

Those are the only two stories I read but may go back at some point and check out the others. Have not read any of these authors but J.D. Robb.

Rating: 4 for the stories I read

No comments:

Post a Comment