Monday, March 5, 2012

Book Review ~ Last Breath

Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires #11)
by Rachel Caine
published by NAL

Summary: With her boss preoccupied researching the Founder Houses in Morganville, student Claire Danvers is left to her own devices when she learns that three vampires have vanished without a trace. She soon discovers that the last person seen with one of the missing vampires is someone new to town-a mysterious individual named Magnus. After an uneasy encounter with Morganville's latest resident, Claire is certain Magnus isn't merely human. But is he a vampire-or something else entirely?

My Thoughts: This was a good read but not one of my favorites. There were too many voices in this one. I would have liked it better if it had just been Claire and maybe a couple from Amelie.
That aside, I liked the overall story of the draug and their history. Claire's decision and what happened to Glass house almost seemed anti-climatic to me. I almost wish the author had taken it all the way. I love Myrnin and there was plenty of his craziness in this book to make me very happy. I liked how he was the one taking charge and going against Amelie for parts of this.
Not sure if I liked where it ended, it was kind of abrupt. I turned the page expecting more and it was over. Luckily I was behind reading this book and book 12 is due out in May.

Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment