Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Book Review

The Iron King
by: Julie Kagawa
published by: Harlequin Teen


Summary(from back cover): My name is Meghan Chase. ~In less than twenty-four hours I'll be sixteen. Countless stories, songs, and poems have been written about this wonderful age, when a girl finds true love and the stars shine fr her and the handsome prince carries her off into the sunset. ~I DON'T THINK IT WILL BE THAT WAY FOR ME.

Dislikes: I don't have any real dislikes just thoughts that some may find negative. I know this is a YA novel, but the high schools scenes really felt disconnected from the rest of the book for me. They were kinda of tied in at the end when Meghan and Ethan were going home and ran into Angie but even then it just didn't seem necessary to me.

Likes: I love reading and seeing how different authors take basically the same characters from Midsummers Night's Dream and make them their own, and I felt the author accomplished this. The story was well paced and kept you interested throughout. I liked Meghan all through the book, I never reached that point where I became annoyed with her or really questioned her actions. Her character was consistent from beginning to end. I also really like Puck, Ash, and Grimalkin. They were just as essential to the storyline, to me, as Meghan was.

Overall: I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading the next in the series. I don't know if I'm team Ash or Puck at this point we'll see how I feel after the next book ( the cat was my favorite character from this one).

Rating: 4

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have yet to start this series...that's crazy, eh? Glad to see you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review Kristina! I really enjoy this series, I think they definitely get better with each book. I can't wait to see what you think of book 2, and I'm dying to get my hands on The Iron Queen:)

    ReplyDelete