Friday, July 20, 2012

NBUs Art, Eats, & What Other

This is a new feature I'm starting where I can talk about just about anything, including books. I will be sharing art/artists that I enjoy as well as some of my favorite recipes. The what other is just that, what ever other thing I can think of to talk about.

Art
Book of Life by David Kracov
Find more info @ DavidKracov.com

Eats
I found this recipe on Pinterest. It was originally posted @Lesley's Recipe Archive.


7-cups unpeeled pickling cucumbers sliced thin (about 7 large dills)
1-cup sliced onions
1-cup sliced green peppers
1-tbsp salt
1-cup white vinegar
2-cups sugar
1-tsp celery seed
1-tsp mustard seed


Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set a side
Put vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil
Remove from heat and let cool for one hour
Pour mixture over cucumbers
Put in jars and store in refrigerator
Will keep up to 2 months. Makes 2 quart jars


*I don't like raw onions so did not include in ours but wanted to show original recipe.

What Other
Took the little one to see Ice Age Continental Drift today. I don't think it surpassed Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs for him but he laughed throughout so it was a win. Mom and Dad enjoyed it as well.

2 comments:

  1. I don't can, but my family does. This looks like a great recipe. And pretty, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also found some great recipes and art projects on Pinterest, It's now one of my favourite sites. Today I made puff paint using a recipe that I found there and my 4 year old had such a great time with it.

    ReplyDelete